Why Gamecock Gymnastics?
Gymnastics Academic Achievements
- College Gymnasts have a 99% graduation rate and gymnasts consistently rate among the highest GPA’s of ALL students.
- In the 2008 – 2009 Academic year: 70% of all programs had a team GPA of 3.0 or higher, 23% had a team GPA of 3.4 or higher, and 428 female gymnasts earned Academic All – American with a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Proportionally, gymnasts have received the NCAA Women of the Year Award more times than any other a sport.
- Research shows that as a group, NCAA gymnasts have dedicated more time to their sport than ANY other sport’s athletes prior to arriving to college.
- Gamecock Gymnastics would join the other top ranked SEC teams in the #1 NCAA Gymnastics Conference.
Increase Revenue for Gamecock Athletics and South Carolina Businesses
- 2010 NCAA attendance record broken when BOTH the University of Utah and the University of Alabama had competitions with over 15,ooo spectators.
- All SEC Programs are among the top 12 in attendance; averaging 5,600 spectators as a conference – Gamecock Gymnastics would be no exception to this high popularity.
- Gymnastics is by far the most popular Olympic sport, with highly recognizable Olympians on college rosters; Women’s Gymnastics is the ONLY NCAA Women’s Championship televised nationally on a non-cable network.
- NCAA National Championships averaged 37,641 fans in attendance from 2000 to 2009.
- South Carolina Gymnastics has grown to over 1,600 competitive gymnasts hosted by 55 privately owned competitive clubs throughout the state, with NO collegiate gymnastics in South Carolina to support these athletes.